Thursday, March 23, 2006

Boss Say "Jump!", I Ask "How High?"

One day you want results, next day you want quality, after that you want volume. You can say? I can do!

This morning i was threatened. It left a sick taste in my mouth but to cover my arse i will not blog about it until the 12th of May.

Anyways today, an angry Yapster managed more than 90 calls and generated 3 leads that were of good quality. Extremely good quality i might add.

Lead 1 : "You called at the right time! We were just looking for an alarm system..."

Lead 2 : "Yeah i know, $1 a day right? Get someone to come down between 3.30 to 4.30..."

Lead 3 : "We have 6 separate warehouses of about 33,000sq meters..."

If all these 3 leads turn into closed sales, i would have easily made more than $10,000 for the company. i still have about 28 more leads that are pending, amongst them more than half of which i feel pretty good about.

i think i'm a decent employee, for FUCK'S SAKE I KNOW I'M A DECENT EMPLOYEE! Yes i like to complain alot but i fucking get the job done. That makes me so much better than some people, whose combined effort today barely equals what i managed. So stop playing that old army trick on me where you point to one tree, ask me to run and touch that tree, then when i run back you tell me that it was the wrong tree. And you threaten to confine me for the weekend because i touched the wrong tree.

i agree that employees must be put under some form of pressure before they can achieve their full potential. Some are more receptive to it, some need a firmer shove while others just crumble. But why threaten? All i want is to get thru this and at the end feel good about it because i made money for the company. Yes, yes go ahead and call me a soft, narrow-minded pussy. i know that this treatment is to prepare me for the REAL WORLD out there. So tell me, what makes YOUR WORLD so special that it's different from mine?

Think about it while i try to get that bitter taste out of my mouth...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what have goes wrong with you since you start ur attachment.?! you are threatened?! wow, im impressed with the co. ha.

11:31 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home